Friday, November 21, 2008

i heart chesterfield sofas....





last weekend, my mother-in-law and i were in an antique shop and there was an old leather chesterfield sofa hidden in the back of the store. i ran over to it and said "i adore these sofas" and gayle was shocked! i think she thought i had lost my mind b/c all she saw was a lot of tufting and some ratty old leather.....but gayle, here are some perfect examples of the updated chesterfield that i would love to have sitting in my house!! i love them in white with nail head trim and how can you not adore windsor smith's feminine take on it, the chloe sofa?? i am on the hunt for one of these at my local thrift stops (which by the way, i haven't visited in over two weeks...remember i am trying to stop shopping for a while)!
*oh, but don't think i don't love the old ones too; i think that the antique leather one we saw would look divine in a house w/ a great library or man room....unfortunately, we have neither.

19 comments:

paula said...

they do make me swoon.

Courtney said...

Oh, I heart them too. Such beauties!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

They are amazing. I love all the tufts! I have something similar in my garage. It was an old piece with a curved wood back and horrible old gold fabric. I'm waiting for the day that I have the money to paint the wood white and and get it upholstered in a chocolate brown fabric.

Lauren said...

That first image is one of my all time favorites from Domino, that sofa is perfection!

kelleyp said...

love the look, but what is the comfort factor? the back looks to straight to lounge on. thoughts?

Maria Killam said...

Hey, great post, I did one on chesterfield leather sofas a couple weeks ago. Check it out here: http://colourmehappyblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/leather-sofas.html
Love the photos you posted!

Persian Tea said...

the first picture is lovely. the pink! the couch!

AshleyL. said...

Oh! How cute! I love them! Thank you for sharing :)

72 and sunny said...

oh me too. me too. love the chesterfield.

dee said...

So do I and I love that girl's outfit in the top Domino photo. I'm not really a pink wearer, but her tights make me swoon!

Anonymous said...

The Chesterfield will always be in style. I like the pink too!

ChesterField said...

we make the Chesterfield at Distinctive and every day i never get tired of looking at them!

Anonymous said...

First sofa is really beautiful

Marketing_guy said...

A Great place to buy leather chesterfield sofas if your in the UK.

Unknown said...

It amazes me how popular the Chesterfield sofa still is. There are so many designs available like the union jack chesterfield sofa. Although I like this design, I am not that patriotic so I stick to the vintage style.

gaby said...

I love them too, but they are quite expensive. I have heard there is a warehouse somewhere where I can buy them second hand. Does anyone know about it?

the upholstress said...

I put the heart back into them.....

Blago said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Heart chesterfields sofas are shown on the post here. Read all about it


Sofa Cum Beds