Thursday, June 16, 2011

day dreaming vs. reality



this blog serves as a place to store beautiful images.....
but it's not my real world. my real world is quite different, especially w/ two kiddos in the mix.  being home with them, trying to work, and preparing for a party we are having here on sat. is almost impossible...why, b/c i have to chase this kiddo around.  and he is into everything:

right after this pic was taken, he leaned in and did a handstand into the bath tub, no water was in there.  and i was right behind him to recuse him.
i start my day w/ a plan, a list of things i have to get done....
today i thought would be the day to paint this mirror that i got when i was in charleston....
luckily my sweet neighbor invited tay to the zoo....walker just went down for his nap and i am off to "try" and get a coat of paint on this....and answer my backed up email list....and try and shower....and clean up all of the toys that have taken over my LR/ DR......

so when y'all email me and say i don't know how you do it w/ two kids...well, i am by no means a "master" as you can definitely tell.....

* top 3 images courtesy of design darling, luna and chloe weddings, lisa stickley london

16 comments:

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Love it when bloggers/designers keep it real!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

So glad to see I'm not the only one with a major toy fiesta happening! Enjoy your naptime!

Dina said...

Love that mirror-which store did it come from? Goes great with your wallpaper!

Colourrich said...

I love that pic of him getting a big lick from your dog. What a great shot :)

Smitten Design said...

I like this post. Your family is adorable, have fun at the party you're throwing.

red ticking said...

darling post... xo

lowcountrydogleah said...

I'd love to share that sweet photo of your dog kissing your baby with Lowcountry Dog readers! Will happily link back to your site. :)

Leah from Lowcountry Dog

Unknown said...

love the Lisa Stickley bedding isnt it gorgeous

Amanda Burkett said...

Been trying to paint interior doors for seven days now . . . Only two are done!! The little people in my life (and their toys) have migrated with me, each room in this sweet house shows evidence of their existence!

Good luck to you! I'm told someday we'll miss having a stairway laced with toys!

Love your blog . . . Amanda

paula said...

Still think you are doing an awesome job :)

TT said...

that mirror is amazing!

xoxo

T from THE WORLD TOUR
A couple of lovers sailing around the world.
http://sailingaroundtheglobe.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Awesome post! All the snaps are awesome, except 2nd one. I can make it perfect. I am House Painter at Atlanta. If you need my help then call me at (770)642-4611.
House Painter Atlanta

Talia said...

Thank you so much for keeping your blog real. This is what a well lived life looks like.

I've been trying to get a few house projects done for weeks and my kids are in College not babies.
Ugh!

Love your blog. You are doing a great job! :)

la la Lovely said...

I'm right there with you girl!!!!! Chasing, cleaning, and blogging pretty pictures in between! xo

Jane said...

I love your blog! It's the best!!! I cant believe walker is 1! He's changed so much and is really cute! I miss y'all! You are so talented!

Cathal Leonard said...

Wow! So amazing home I like it so much. It’s looking natural. I like to have my own home just like this. There is no bar of neutrality.

Tile Leveling